Raised and educated in Colorado, Jake is an engineer turned outdoor photographer who specializes in photography and videography in challenging conditions from wildfire, to backcountry winter sports, to pipelining.
Based in southwest Colorado, his positions as a wildland firefighter in the summer and a snowmaker in winter afford him behind the scenes perspectives to stunning and often overlooked mountain vistas in a changing landscape.
· National Geographic interview, #wildfire 2014: Fireside Chat. 11/5/2014
· National Geographic, Wildfires From the Front Lines. 8/16/2014
· PetaPixel, Firefighter Photographer Jake Niece Captures Beauty While Battling Destruction. 3/6/2015
· The Weather Channel, Colorado Photographer-Firefighter Jake Niece Captures Stunning Photos of Chaotic Wildfires. 3/11/2015
· 4 Corners TV video interview, Jake Niece: Seeing Beauty Through Destruction. March 2015
· Open Shutter Gallery mixed show in Durango, CO. December 2013
· Telluride Naturals in Telluride, CO. Oct-Apr 2014
· Studio Sellke in Gem Village, CO. 2013 - present
· Community Artists Program Solo Show in Bayfield, CO. Feb-Mar 2015